Mitch and Joe are back with a vengeance for the second episode of the Friendly Aussie Podcast! This time, we discuss the question of work ethic and productivity, and hone in on the common issues that stoners can often experience when attempting to keep up in their everyday lives.
If the adjectives ‘sluggish’, ‘lazy’, ‘tired’, ‘disorganised’, ‘sedentary’, ‘unfocused’ and ‘forgetful’ have been used to describe you in the past, this may be a symptom pointing to how cannabis modulates your behaviours in everyday life. Not to worry – now that you’ve recognised it, you can go a long way in transforming your actions. It doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to give up weed, either.
Productivity is built upon momentum and flow, which is itself a byproduct of creative spontaneity and structure. Cannabis can assist with the former; however, there’s still the question of possessing the discipline to approach the task at hand. Some people who smoke cannabis have already managed to acquire that set of skills over the course of their life… whereas others may have to work harder.
Listen to The Friendly Aussie Podcast here
Here are a list of suggestions and tips on how to become a more productive stoner:
- Keep a log of your activity
- This can be in terms of your cannabis use alone… but you could also put together a broader timesheet of everything you do, as a means to track it
- Write To-Do Lists
- Refer to the list throughout the day – helps you keep track of what you have done, and what needs to be done
- Get dressed, get showered, and get out of bed
- There’s nothing like actually facing the day
- Create rules
- I won’t do x until y
- Use apps to organise your life
- Notion, Trello, etc.
- Set reminders for tasks
- Get moving. Create routines of activity. Perform regular tasks
- Use a Vaporiser
- Stick to Sativas
- More cerebral buzz which is lighter on the body
- Stick to light snacks
- Don’t gorge out on junk food! It often slows you down even further…
- Don’t create excuses for yourself
- But also, don’t beat yourself up about getting it wrong sometimes
- Know your tolerance and dosage
As we’ve already covered, there are plenty of resourceful people out there who partake in cannabis. Mike Tyson, Joe Rogan, Richard Branson, Michael Phelps and Steve Jobs come to mind, to name a few. These people have become successful because of everything they do everyday, not because of what they are as stoners. Don’t allow yourself to think of yourself as lazy, just because you smoke cannabis. That shit is propaganda.
Stay tuned for the next episode in a few weeks!