Fixing for a tray of brownies? Here’s a no-mistakes guide to making cannabutter, also known as budder, in certain circles…
Before getting started, you will need to perform a decarboxylation of your cannabis. Our article outlines this simple process. Click the link, and use it to get the most out of your cannabis.
- Water (1 cup)
- Butter (1 cup)
- Lightly ground decarboxylated cannabis buds or trim (1 oz)
- Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of butter to your medium sized cooking pot and heat on medium-low until butter has melted.
- Turn oven to low and simmer. Add your decarboxylated cannabis and stir in gently.
- Simmer mixture on low for 4-5 hours. Then turn off heat and allow mixture to cool to bearable temperature.
- Cover your container with a cheese cloth, using some ribbon or twine around the edge of your container is also an option to keep the cheesecloth stable. Pour your warm mixture over the cheese cloth into your container carefully. Squeeze out the remaining liquid.
- Place the container –minus the cheesecloth– onto a bench in your kitchen until room temperature and then place in the fridge to solidify for a few hours.
- Once solidified, use a knife to cut your cannabutter into easy to use pieces and drain the water.